1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (FLWS:NASDAQ) has created a multibrand platform of gifting options for customers, integrating gourmet food and gift baskets and other products into its offerings, as well as continuing to grow its flagship consumer floral marketplace.
- A gift industry leader with revenues of $1.17 billion in fiscal 2016
- Three key business segments: Gourmet Food & Gift Baskets, Consumer Floral, and
BloomNet Wire Service
- Strong balance sheet; strong free cash flow
- A multibrand website that enhances customer behavior metrics, including increased retention,
frequency, and lifetime value
- A proven ability to leverage the business platform to reduce operating expenses (opex)
National Retail Properties Inc. (NYSE: NNN) owns approximately 2,500 retail properties triple-net-leased over long terms to tenants in a variety of industries. The diversification of the portfolio translates to stable generation of dividend income for investors and the ability to withstand volatility in the real estate market.
- Annual dividend increases for 27 consecutive years
- ~2,500 retail properties in 48 states with a 99% occupancy rate
- 25-year average annual total return of 15.5%
- $6.5 billion in total assets
American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE: AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. Marking its 130th anniversary this year, the company employs 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada.
RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. (OTCQB: REPCF) (TSXV:RP) is a regenerative medicine company developing cell therapies to treat conditions related to a deficit of healthy cells needed to heal and restore function.
Stem Cell Therapies With Major Catalysts Ahead, by George S. Mack
The single most important share-price driver in the small- or micro-cap biotech space is the presence of a near-term catalyst that could boost share price. The smaller a company’s market valuation, the greater the potential impact of market-moving data.
American Campus Communities (NYSE: ACC) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Austin, TX, and the largest owner, manager and developer of high-quality student housing communities in the United States. As of September 30, 2016, American Campus Communities owned 170 student housing properties containing approximately 105,300 beds. Including its owned and third-party managed properties, ACC’s total managed portfolio consisted of 205 properties with approximately 133,600 beds.
- Positive industry supply-demand ratio
- Tremendous opportunity to modernize the student housing product both on and off campus
- Continued growth of net operating income and dividend
- Strong balance sheet positioned for growth
- Recession resiliency demonstrated by revenue and income growth through the Great Recession
Kimco Realty Corp. (NYSE: KIM) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in New Hyde Park, N.Y., that is North America’s largest publicly traded owner and operator of open-air shopping centers. As of December 31, 2015, the company owned interests in 564 shopping centers comprising 90 million square feet of leasable space across 38 states and Puerto Rico.