As markets and retailers have been buffeted by 2020’s unique challenges, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (FLWS:NASDAQ) has managed to meet the needs of its investors and customers by enhancing its Celebratory Ecosystem and fortifying its business strategy with new acquisitions. Leveraging the popularity of its e-commerce mainstays, which include Harry & David®, The Popcorn Factory®, Cheryl’s Cookies®, 1-800-Baskets.com®, Simply Chocolate®, and Shari’s Berries®, as well as the most recent addition to its brand portfolio, PersonalizationMall.com, the company’s focus on consumer satisfaction drove strong revenue growth over the past fiscal year.
- ~$1.5 billion total net revenues in fiscal year 2020, a 19.3% increase over 2019
- Net income in fiscal year 2020 of $65 million
- New customer growth over the fiscal year of more than 30%
- Increased revenue growth in the Gourmet Foods and Gift Baskets segment of more than 112% in Q4/FY 2020
- Acquisition of PersonalizationMall.com and additional services and products developed for vendors and customers
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is an energy company providing electric and gas service to nine million customers across the United States through its subsidiaries. The company is focused on making, moving, and selling reliable, low-cost energy solutions from traditional and renewable power sources, as well as providing superior customer service. Recognizing the rapid evolution of the energy sector, including new technologies, customer preferences, and environmental, social, and governance initiatives, Southern Company is working to advance its solar, wind, and nuclear holdings, develop microgrids, and significantly reduce its system’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Serving 9 million customers through 7 subsidiaries across the U.S.
- 288 consecutive quarterly dividends equal to or greater than those in the previous quarter (more than 70 years)
- Approximately 44,000 megawatt generating capacity
- Developing microgrids and deploying energy storage systems throughout the U.S.
- Subsidiary Southern Power provides 11,300 MW of wholesale solar, wind, fuel cell and natural gas generation in 13 states
- Subsidiary PowerSecure provides distributed infrastructure technologies in 32 states
Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SWX), through its subsidiaries, engages in the business of purchasing, distributing, and transporting natural gas, and providing infrastructure services across North America. Southwest Gas Corporation (Southwest), a wholly owned subsidiary, safely and reliably delivers natural gas to over two million commercial and residential customers in Arizona, California, and Nevada. Centuri Group, Inc. (Centuri), a wholly owned subsidiary, is a comprehensive utility infrastructure services enterprise dedicated to delivering a diverse array of solutions to North America’s gas and electric providers.
- Dividend per share growth: approximately 8.35% for the last five years
- Total compound annual shareholder return: 18.18% for the 10-year period ended June 30, 2019
- 1.7% customer growth for the 12 months ended June 30, 2019 (Southwest)
- Serving over two million customers (Southwest)
- 2019-2021 capital expenditures estimated at $2.1 billion (Southwest)
- Projecting 11% annual rate base growth over the period 2019-2021 (Southwest)
- One of North America’s largest providers of utility and energy infrastructure services (Centuri)
- Continued growing trend with record financial results in 2018 (Centuri)