Corporate Office Properties Trust (COPT) (NYSE: OFC) is an office REIT headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, equidistant between Baltimore and Washington, D.C. As of Sept. 30, 2020, COPT’s core portfolio of 174 office and data center properties encompassed 20.2 million square feet and was 94.6% leased. COPT is differentiated from other office REITs because: 1) it has a unique franchise of office properties and land positions that serve priority U.S. Government defense activities, such as information technology and hyperscale cloud computing, collectively referred to as Defense/IT Locations, and 2) its impressive track record of completing an average of 1 million square feet of developments annually at its Defense/IT Locations, which are highly leased and create significant shareholder value.
- COPT owns and controls over 850 acres of the most relevant land locations, which limits competing supply and can accommodate over 10 million square feet of future mission growth.
- 1.6 million square feet are under construction; 84% of that space is pre-leased and should support impressive growth in the coming quarters.
- A secure common dividend yields 4.8%—an attractive premium to the yield from 10-year U.S. Treasuries.
- An investment grade-rated balance sheet supports future growth through development, and ensures dividend safety.
- The Company continues to meet or exceed its 2020 plan objectives and operates largely unimpeded by pandemic-related restrictions, shutdowns, or tenant credit issues.
As markets and retailers have been buffeted by 2020’s unique challenges, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (FLWS:NASDAQ) has managed to meet the needs of its investors and customers by enhancing its Celebratory Ecosystem and fortifying its business strategy with new acquisitions. Leveraging the popularity of its e-commerce mainstays, which include Harry & David®, The Popcorn Factory®, Cheryl’s Cookies®, 1-800-Baskets.com®, Simply Chocolate®, and Shari’s Berries®, as well as the most recent addition to its brand portfolio, PersonalizationMall.com, the company’s focus on consumer satisfaction drove strong revenue growth over the past fiscal year.
- ~$1.5 billion total net revenues in fiscal year 2020, a 19.3% increase over 2019
- Net income in fiscal year 2020 of $65 million
- New customer growth over the fiscal year of more than 30%
- Increased revenue growth in the Gourmet Foods and Gift Baskets segment of more than 112% in Q4/FY 2020
- Acquisition of PersonalizationMall.com and additional services and products developed for vendors and customers
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is an energy company providing electric and gas service to nine million customers across the United States through its subsidiaries. The company is focused on making, moving, and selling reliable, low-cost energy solutions from traditional and renewable power sources, as well as providing superior customer service. Recognizing the rapid evolution of the energy sector, including new technologies, customer preferences, and environmental, social, and governance initiatives, Southern Company is working to advance its solar, wind, and nuclear holdings, develop microgrids, and significantly reduce its system’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Serving 9 million customers through 7 subsidiaries across the U.S.
- 288 consecutive quarterly dividends equal to or greater than those in the previous quarter (more than 70 years)
- Approximately 44,000 megawatt generating capacity
- Developing microgrids and deploying energy storage systems throughout the U.S.
- Subsidiary Southern Power provides 11,300 MW of wholesale solar, wind, fuel cell and natural gas generation in 13 states
- Subsidiary PowerSecure provides distributed infrastructure technologies in 32 states