Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is an energy company providing electric and gas service to nine million customers across the United States through its subsidiaries. The company is focused on making, moving and selling reliable, low-cost energy solutions from traditional and renewable power sources, as well as providing superior customer service. Recognizing the rapid evolution of the energy sector, including new technologies, customer preferences, and environmental, social, and governance initiatives, Southern Company is working to advance its solar, wind, and nuclear holdings, develop microgrids and significantly reduce its system’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Over 9 million customers across seven subsidiaries.
- 300 consecutive quarterly dividends equal to or greater than those in the previous quarter (for 75 years)
- Developing microgrids and deploying energy storage systems throughout the U.S.
- Subsidiary Southern Power provides wholesale solar, wind, fuel cell and natural gas generation in 14 states
- Subsidiary PowerSecure is the nation’s leading distributed energy innovation company
Corporate Office Properties Trust (COPT) (NYSE: OFC) is an equity REIT whose 21.9 million square foot portfolio of office and data center properties was 95% leased on September 30, 2022. Classified by NAREIT as an “office REIT,” COPT’s specialized capability to provide real estate solutions to the U.S. Government and its defense contractors, most of whom are engaged in national security, defense, and information technology (IT) related activities (collectively referred to as COPT’s “Defense/IT Locations”) is unique in the REIT industry and makes COPT more of a specialty REIT.
- Through the third quarter of 2022, completed 2.3 million square feet of total leasing.
- Highest quarterly volume of vacancy leasing in the last twelve years with 351,000 square feet.
- Third quarter 2022 tenant retention of 92%, the highest in 21 years.
- On track to achieve development leasing objective of 700,000 square feet in 2022.
- Owns and controls approximately 700 acres of land at its Defense/IT Locations.
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is the leading health solutions company that helps people navigate the health care system—and their personal health care—by improving access, lowering costs and being a trusted health partner. The company touches millions of lives with in-home, in-store and virtual care services and is building on existing relationships to deliver personalized care in a seamless, full-circle way. The company recently announced a definitive agreement under which CVS Health will acquire Signify Health, a leader in health risk assessments, value-based care and provider enablement.
- Ranked #4 on the 2022 Forbes list published in June
- Market cap of ~$130 billion as of September 2022
- Largest pharmacy in the U.S. based on total prescription revenue in 2021
- 9,000+ retail locations with more than 1,100 walk-in clinics
- ~74 million COVID-19 vaccines and ~55 million COVID-19 tests administered
- ~134 million members with Aetna and Caremark
- ~4.8 million consumers visit CVS Health locations daily
- Nearly 9% Total Revenue growth in 2021
- 10% dividend increase beginning in February 2022