Corporate Office Properties Trust (COPT) (NYSE: OFC) is an equity REIT whose portfolio of office and data center properties, totaling 21 million square feet, was 95% leased as of March 31, 2021. Classified by Nareit as an “office REIT,” COPT’s focus on providing real estate solutions to the U.S. government and its contractors, most of whom are engaged in national security, defense, and information technology-related activities (COPT’s Defense/IT Locations), is unique in the REIT industry.
- In 2020 the company completed 1 million square feet of development leasing and had record tenant retention of 81%. Because demand for COPT locations is not correlated to the economy or general office fundamentals, COPT is on track to complete at least another 1 million square feet of development leasing in 2021.
- COPT owns and controls over 800 acres of land at its Defense/IT Locations, which limits competing supply and can accommodate over 10 million square feet of future mission growth.
- As of March 31, 2021, 1.5 million square feet of specialized office and data centers were under construction; 85% of that space is pre-leased and should support impressive growth in the coming quarters.
- An investment grade-rated balance sheet supports future growth through development and ensures dividend safety.
- The company was minimally affected by pandemic-related restrictions, shutdowns, or tenant credit issues, exceeded its elevated guidance in 2020, and already increased its original guidance expectations for 2021.
- COPT recently announced its 93rd consecutive dividend, a remarkable return on investment.
Essential Utilities Inc. (NYSE: WTRG; formerly Aqua America, Inc. [WTR]) is one of the largest publicly traded water, wastewater, and natural gas providers in the U.S., serving approximately five million people across 10 states under the Aqua and Peoples brands. The company recognizes the importance water and natural gas play in everyday life and is proud to deliver safe, reliable services that contribute to a better quality of life in the communities it serves.
- Delivered consecutive quarterly cash dividends for 75 years and increased the dividend 30 times in the last 29 years
- Expects to invest approximately $3 billion through 2023 to replace and expand water and wastewater utility infrastructure and to replace and upgrade natural gas utility infrastructure, leading to significant reductions in methane emissions
- Published a 2019 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report highlighting the company’s commitment to environmental stewardship, sustainable business practices, employee safety, diversity and inclusion, customer experience and community engagement
As markets and retailers have been buffeted by 2020’s unique challenges, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (FLWS:NASDAQ) has managed to meet the needs of its investors and customers by enhancing its Celebratory Ecosystem and fortifying its business strategy with new acquisitions. Leveraging the popularity of its e-commerce mainstays, which include Harry & David®, The Popcorn Factory®, Cheryl’s Cookies®, 1-800-Baskets.com®, Simply Chocolate®, and Shari’s Berries®, as well as the most recent addition to its brand portfolio, PersonalizationMall.com, the company’s focus on consumer satisfaction drove strong revenue growth over the past fiscal year.
- ~$1.5 billion total net revenues in fiscal year 2020, a 19.3% increase over 2019
- Net income in fiscal year 2020 of $65 million
- New customer growth over the fiscal year of more than 30%
- Increased revenue growth in the Gourmet Foods and Gift Baskets segment of more than 112% in Q4/FY 2020
- Acquisition of PersonalizationMall.com and additional services and products developed for vendors and customers