Despite the challenges imposed on the retail and real estate markets by the COVID-19 pandemic, National Retail Properties (NYSE: NNN) not only maintained its solid footing, but also continued its outstanding run of delivering annual dividend increases to its investors. The company’s balance sheet remains solid, as does its focus on maintaining a portfolio of well-located properties and strong tenants.
- 3,143 properties in 48 states
- Retail properties leased to 400 tenants in 37 lines of trade
- Increased annual dividends for 31 consecutive years
- Total enterprise value over $10.6 billion
- Average annual total return of 12% over 25 years
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) employees are united around a common goal of helping people on their path to better health. The company is evolving based on changing consumer needs, meeting people where they are, whether that’s in the community at one of its nearly 10,000 local touchpoints, in the home, or digitally – in the palm their hand. Its newest offerings—from HealthHUB® locations that are redefining what a pharmacy can be, to innovative programs that help manage chronic conditions—are designed to create a higher quality, simpler, and more affordable experience.
- Ranked #5 on the 2019 Fortune 500 list
- Market cap of ~$84 billion as of June 2020
- Largest pharmacy in the U.S. based on total prescription revenue as of June 2020
- 2.8 billion adjusted prescriptions* filled or managed annually
- 1,100 walk-in medical clinics as of Q2’2020
- An estimated 34 million people served through health insurance products and related services
- 4.5 million customers served by CVS Pharmacy stores daily
- Approximately 103 million PBM (pharmacy benefit manager) members
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is an energy company providing electric and gas service to nine million customers across the United States through its subsidiaries. The company is focused on making, moving, and selling reliable, low-cost energy solutions from traditional and renewable power sources, as well as providing superior customer service. Recognizing the rapid evolution of the energy sector, including new technologies, customer preferences, and environmental, social, and governance initiatives, Southern Company is working to advance its solar, wind, and nuclear holdings, develop microgrids, and significantly reduce its system’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Serving 9 million customers through 7 subsidiaries across the U.S.
- 288 consecutive quarterly dividends equal to or greater than those in the previous quarter (more than 70 years)
- Approximately 44,000 megawatt generating capacity
- Developing microgrids and deploying energy storage systems throughout the U.S.
- Subsidiary Southern Power provides 11,300 MW of wholesale solar, wind, fuel cell and natural gas generation in 13 states
- Subsidiary PowerSecure provides distributed infrastructure technologies in 32 states