For CMS Energy (CMS: NYSE), a leading energy provider in Michigan’s lower peninsula, it all comes down to delivering across the Triple Bottom Line: people, planet, and profit. Through the company’s largest subsidiary, Consumers Energy, CMS is targeting ESG (environmental, social, and corporate governance) and sustainability as a driver of growth for investors and the means by which it will sustain its mission to deliver safe, reliable, affordable, and clean energy to its customers.
- 6.8 million residents in Michigan’s lower peninsula served by subsidiary Consumers Energy
- Adjusted earnings per share (EPS) growth of 6% to 8%; premium total shareholder return of 9% to 11%
- 2020 revenues of $6.7 billion; assets totaling $29.7 billion; ~8,500 employees
- Residential electric and natural gas customer growth of about 1% annually
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE: EPD) is a fully integrated midstream energy company providing fiscal and supply stability for both customers and investors. The company’s assets include ~50,000 miles of pipeline supplying natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), crude oil, refined products, and petrochemicals; storage capacity for 260 million barrels of NGLs, petrochemicals, refined products, crude oil and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas; 21 natural gas processing facilities, 25 fractionators, and 11 condensate distillation facilities; and 19 deep-water docks handling NGLs, PGP, crude oil and refined products. For more information, visit www.enterpriseproducts.com.
- Enterprise value of $84 billion
- Market capitalization of $53 billion
- 22 consecutive years of distribution increases
- The world’s leading exporter of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) for household use
Despite the challenges imposed on the retail and real estate markets by the COVID-19 pandemic, National Retail Properties (NYSE: NNN) not only maintained its solid footing, but also continued its outstanding run of delivering annual dividend increases to its investors. The company’s balance sheet remains solid, as does its focus on maintaining a portfolio of well-located properties and strong tenants.
- 3,143 properties in 48 states
- Retail properties leased to 400 tenants in 37 lines of trade
- Increased annual dividends for 31 consecutive years
- Total enterprise value over $10.6 billion
- Average annual total return of 12% over 25 years