1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (FLWS: NASDAQ) has developed a unique Celebratory Ecosystem comprised of e-commerce mainstays including Harry & David®, The Popcorn Factory®, Cheryl’s Cookies®, 1-800-Baskets.com®, Wolferman’s®, Moose Munch®, Simply Chocolate®, Stock Yards®, and Shari’s Berries®. The company’s focus remains on consumer satisfaction, which has driven strong revenue growth over the past year. New product development and continued innovation in e-commerce technologies, such as its Progressive Web App technology, ensure the company will retain its appeal to investors and customers alike.
- Total revenues in fiscal year 2019 increased 8.4% to $1.25 billion
- New customer growth across all brands increased more than 10%
- Commitment to continued investment in product development and customer engagement technology
- A strong balance sheet and strong cash flow
National Retail Properties Inc. (NYSE: NNN) continues to deliver for shareholders, adhering to a business strategy that has enabled the company to provide annual dividend increases for 29 consecutive years. The company maintains both a strong, flexible balance sheet and a diversified portfolio focused on single tenant retail properties operated by strong national and regional retailers in thirty-seven lines of trade.
- Nearly 3,000 single-tenant retail properties across the continental United States
- Invested $715.6 million in 265 properties in 2018
- One of only three equity REITs and 86 publicly traded companies in America to have increased annual dividends for 29 or more consecutive years
Steel Partners Holdings (NYSE: SPLPPRA) is a diversified global holding company that owns and operates businesses in three principal sectors: Diversified Industrial Products, Energy Services, and Financial Services. The company also holds significant interests in four publicly traded companies: Aerojet Rocketdyne (5.3%); Aviat Networks (12.5%); Babcock & Wilcox (17.8%); and Steel Connect (45.9%).
Steel Partners Preferred units currently have a remaining term of approximately seven years, a $25 liquidation value, and provide quarterly cash flow with a 20% redemption in 2020 and the remainder in 2026. The current yield to maturity is approximately 9%. The company’s common units trade on the New York Stock Exchange under symbol SPLP.
- Management ownership of Preferred units: 12%; management ownership of Common
- Strong free cash flow and balance sheet, with total cash and investments of $335 million as of September 30, 2018
- 2017 revenue of $1.4 billion; 2018 reported guidance of $1.5–$1.6 billion
- 2017 adjusted EBITDA of $164 million; 2018 reported guidance of $180–$188 million
- 4,800 employees and 75 locations across 8 countries as of December 31, 2017
- Culture of continuous improvement and implementing lean manufacturing tools
Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SWX), through its subsidiaries, engages in the business of purchasing, distributing, and transporting natural gas, and providing infrastructure services across North America. Southwest Gas Corporation (Southwest), a wholly owned subsidiary, safely and reliably delivers natural gas to over two million commercial and residential customers in Arizona, California, and Nevada. Centuri Group, Inc. (Centuri), a wholly owned subsidiary, is a comprehensive utility infrastructure services enterprise dedicated to delivering a diverse array of solutions to North America’s gas and electric providers.
- Dividend per share growth: approximately 8.35% for the last five years
- Total compound annual shareholder return: 18.18% for the 10-year period ended June 30, 2019
- 1.7% customer growth for the 12 months ended June 30, 2019 (Southwest)
- Serving over two million customers (Southwest)
- 2019-2021 capital expenditures estimated at $2.1 billion (Southwest)
- Projecting 11% annual rate base growth over the period 2019-2021 (Southwest)
- One of North America’s largest providers of utility and energy infrastructure services (Centuri)
- Continued growing trend with record financial results in 2018 (Centuri)
Over more than 130 years, Aqua America (NYSE: WTR) has grown to become a leader in the water and wastewater utility industry, serving more than three million people across eight states. With the acquisition of the Pittsburgh-based natural gas distribution company, Peoples, Aqua is building on its expertise in infrastructure investment, regulatory compliance and operational excellence with a new platform for growth. With complementary service territories focused primarily in Pennsylvania and a long history of service to their communities as regulated utilities, the two companies are a strong fit that will provide many compelling opportunities for growth and investment. The Peoples acquisition puts Aqua in a strong position to continue to deliver shareholder value while also serving the company’s mission of improving the lives of customers through investing in infrastructure for safe and reliable service.
- Acquisition of Peoples natural gas utility adds more than 740,000 customers and increases rate base by nearly 50%
- Delivered 73 consecutive years of dividend payments and 28 dividend increases in the last 27 years
- Plans to invest more than $500 million in improving water and wastewater infrastructure in 2018
- Resulting company will be approximately 70% water and 30% gas and maintain strong municipal water and wastewater acquisition strategy
Providing midstream energy services to producers across the United States, Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE: EPD) holds assets including ~50,000 miles of natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), crude oil, refined products, and petrochemical pipelines; storage facilities accommodating 260 million barrels of NGLs, refined products, and crude oil; 28 natural gas processing plants; 23 propylene fractionators; and import/export terminals with an offloading capacity of 14,000 barrels per hour and a loading capacity of 27,500 barrels per hour. For more information, visit www.enterpriseproducts.com.
- More than $56 billion in assets
- A market capitalization more than $60 billion
- $38 billion in organic growth projects and $26 billion in major acquisitions since the company’s IPO in 1998 through 2017
- $400 million in growth capital projects completed so far in 2018