Essential Utilities Inc. (NYSE: WTRG; formerly Aqua America, Inc. [WTR]) is one of the largest publicly traded water, wastewater, and natural gas providers in the U.S., serving approximately five million people across 10 states under the Aqua and Peoples brands. The company recognizes the importance water and natural gas play in everyday life and is proud to deliver safe, reliable services that contribute to a better quality of life in the communities it serves.
- Delivered consecutive quarterly cash dividends for 75 years and increased the dividend 30 times in the last 29 years
- Expects to invest approximately $3 billion through 2023 to replace and expand water and wastewater utility infrastructure and to replace and upgrade natural gas utility infrastructure, leading to significant reductions in methane emissions
- Published a 2019 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report highlighting the company’s commitment to environmental stewardship, sustainable business practices, employee safety, diversity and inclusion, customer experience and community engagement
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) employees are united around a common goal of helping people on their path to better health. The company is evolving based on changing consumer needs, meeting people where they are, whether that’s in the community at one of its nearly 10,000 local touchpoints, in the home, or digitally – in the palm their hand. Its newest offerings—from HealthHUB® locations that are redefining what a pharmacy can be, to innovative programs that help manage chronic conditions—are designed to create a higher quality, simpler, and more affordable experience.
- Ranked #5 on the 2019 Fortune 500 list
- Market cap of ~$84 billion as of June 2020
- Largest pharmacy in the U.S. based on total prescription revenue as of June 2020
- 2.8 billion adjusted prescriptions* filled or managed annually
- 1,100 walk-in medical clinics as of Q2’2020
- An estimated 34 million people served through health insurance products and related services
- 4.5 million customers served by CVS Pharmacy stores daily
- Approximately 103 million PBM (pharmacy benefit manager) members
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is an energy company providing electric and gas service to nine million customers across the United States through its subsidiaries. The company is focused on making, moving, and selling reliable, low-cost energy solutions from traditional and renewable power sources, as well as providing superior customer service. Recognizing the rapid evolution of the energy sector, including new technologies, customer preferences, and environmental, social, and governance initiatives, Southern Company is working to advance its solar, wind, and nuclear holdings, develop microgrids, and significantly reduce its system’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Serving 9 million customers through 7 subsidiaries across the U.S.
- 288 consecutive quarterly dividends equal to or greater than those in the previous quarter (more than 70 years)
- Approximately 44,000 megawatt generating capacity
- Developing microgrids and deploying energy storage systems throughout the U.S.
- Subsidiary Southern Power provides 11,300 MW of wholesale solar, wind, fuel cell and natural gas generation in 13 states
- Subsidiary PowerSecure provides distributed infrastructure technologies in 32 states